- LIVE DESKTOP MONITORS with integrated multi-view monitoring, let you arrange and select shots with confidence. View all switcher sources at full field rate – with advanced alpha channel preview on the EXTREME model – plus audio VU meter overlays and adjustable monitor panes.
- NETWORK INPUTS let you go wireless with breakthrough Apple® AirPlay® support. Deliver video and audio from iOS devices, such as iPad®, iPod®, or iPhone®, into your live production. Or bring in displays from your PC or Mac®, using NewTek iVGA™ technology.
- LOOK-AHEAD PREVIEW MONITOR displays your upcoming video output. Prepare multi-layered effects, preview the output as it will appear live, and then switch with confidence.
- PROGRAM MONITOR shows the current video output of your live production, and lets you see what your audience sees. Access controls for record and stream functions, configure your video output, and more.
- ONE-BUTTON RECORDING captures content from your live production at full resolution (up to 1080p). The TriCaster 850 EXTREME model records up to eight individual sources, simultaneously, in formats of your choosing, including QuickTime®, H.264, AVI and MPEG-2, using NewTek IsoCorder™ multi-track, multi-format video recording technology.
- ONE-BUTTON INTERNET STREAMING allows you to use Adobe® Flash® or Microsoft® Windows Media® to deliver a full, HD live stream directly to the Web, with simultaneous archive for later viewing, and support for multi-bitrate streaming profiles. The Streaming Profile Manager includes an integrated browser to make configuration, import and previewing of your Web streams quicker and easier than you thought possible. Save and manage all of your settings for instant access at a later date.
- LIVE PRODUCTION SWITCHER gives you control over all 24 channels, including eight external video sources, eight virtual mix/effect-style channels, five internal digital media players, two external network inputs, frame buffer and black. Custom names can be added to switcher sources.
- UTILITY ROW makes it easy to assign sources to the Effects (FX) bus, downstream key (DSK) channels, and auxiliary (AUX) output. Utility Delegate controls let you use the Utility Row to apply selections to individual or multiple delegates, simultaneously.
- UTILITY DELEGATE lets you set the Utility Row to send video and graphics to the FX bus, DSKs and/or AUX output. Delegates currently affected by Utility Row selections are highlighted, while sources currently assigned are displayed for easy reference.
- VIRTUAL INPUTS are powerful virtual mix/effect-style channels that let you assign complex switcher effects to one button. Each TriCaster 850 series system includes eight fully customizable Virtual Inputs, each with multiple presets.
- TRANSITION CONTROLS let you transition individual or multiple video layers on and off screen. Select the Transition Delegate button of the desired video layer(s), then use manual or auto controls to perform single-source transitions, or switch from one multi-source composition to another.
- TRANSITIONS allow you to use more than 200 broadcast-quality effects to add interest and impact to your live production. The EXTREME model also supports full-color, animation store transitions with embedded audio. Create your own custom animation store transitions from up to 32-bit image sequences, using the integrated Animation Store Creator 2.0.
- HD LIVE VIRTUAL SETS let you achieve the look of a network-style studio in a limited space, using innovative NewTek LiveSet™ technology. Instantly select close-up, medium, medium-wide and wide angle shots, or perform smooth, animated zooms - without touching the camera. Sets include double-box effects and options for seated or standing presentations.
- VIRTUAL INPUT CONTROLS let you select two primary switcher sources, create a mix/effect-style composition, and use an additional source as an overlay. Configure virtual sets, layer live elements, set upstream picture-in-picture effects, and more.
- DIGITAL MEDIA PLAYERS include two DDRs for video playback, a titles bin, a stills store, and a sound player, making it easy to add video clips, music, images, and more, including clips captured during a live event, for immediate playback. HD and SD resolutions are supported in a variety of popular file formats, with adjustable audio level settings for every clip.
- LIVE TITLES give your production a network-style finish. Bring in graphics, titles, and animated overlays to layer on your live video, lock a title or bug to a camera or Virtual Input, and set the in and out motion for each. Title pages can be edited, even when displayed live.
- MULTI-CHANNEL AUDIO MIXER gives you control over microphones, line inputs and clip playback levels, with audio-follows-video support and auxiliary routing to integrate an external audio setup. Included with the TriCaster 850 EXTREME is the ability to group audio sources to follow video and route sub-mixes. Every audio input and output also includes a seven-band equalizer and compressor/limiter to deliver the best possible sound, with enhanced audio crossfade.
Sep 29, 2016
The good folks at NewsMaker Systems have shared a video tutorial on how NewsCaster works with TriCaster and LiveText. For this overview, the demonstrator shows how NewsCaster works in… Read more
Sep 22, 2016
When we work with software such as a word processor we are used to having an undo button. This allows us to undo our recent actions and correct… Read more
Sep 20, 2016
NewBlue, Inc., has integrated NewTek NDI™ into its Titler Live Broadcast line of products to provide IP workflow, and announced the addition of Titler Live Broadcast to the NewTek… Read more
Sep 14, 2016
RedShark News announced their selections for their IBC 2016 awards, and we are honored to report that Most Innovative Product went to the NewTek IP Series production ecosystem. Here’s… Read more