FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 6, 2011
| Doug Wright
NewTek Ships TriCaster™ 850 EXTREME™ Ahead of Schedule
Breakthrough HD portable live production system with simultaneous eight channel, multi-track, multi-format recording technology,
redefines what HD live production systems can do
SAN ANTONIO – June 06, 2011 – NewTek, worldwide leader in portable live production and 3D animation systems, today announced the company is shipping the award-winning TriCaster™ 850 EXTREME™ a full quarter before expected. The new and highly anticipated HD portable live production system blurs the lines between live and post production.
"I can’t believe how TriCaster 850 EXTREME has changed my approach to live production," says Kris Gurrad, NewTek beta tester at ABC affiliate, KATU TV. "I have complete confidence that I have captured every single element of my live production – all of which can be re-purposed and re-edited so many ways in post production that I haven’t even begun to tap into all of the possibilities. And with TriCaster 850 EXTREME’s Apple AirPlay support, the new video input resources blow me away."
With TriCaster, anyone can simultaneously produce, live stream, broadcast, project and record HD and SD network-style productions. A single operator or small team can switch between multiple cameras, virtual inputs and live virtual sets, while inserting clips, titles and motion graphics with multi-channel effects. TriCaster is used by sports organizations, schools, broadcasters, houses of worship, webcasters, government agencies and others to provide a new level of extended programming and content to their audiences.
Numerous workflow enhancements have been added to TriCaster 850 EXTREME since the system was first introduced at NAB Show 2011, including new recording formats, system browse capability, support for multi-bitrate streaming profiles, and audio crossfade improvement. TriCaster 850 EXTREME benefits include:
- Proprietary NewTek IsoCorder™ Technology – Multi-track recording technology lets you record up to eight channels of video, simultaneously from any input or output, with multi-format recording support (including QuickTime® and H.264) and adjustable audio headroom.
- Apple® AirPlay® Support – Add video and audio from any Apple AirPlay source – such as iPad®, iPod®, or iPhone® – into your live production. TriCaster supports two simultaneous AirPlay audio/video streams. It’s wireless and instantly compatible with any AirPlay-enabled app or device.
- Animation Store Transitions – Deliver transitions embedded with full-color, motion video effects and audio, from a total of 11 animation stores. The included Animation Store Creator is a transition editor that allows users to author custom animation store transitions, using their own preferred graphics software tools to prepare the animation sequences.
- Web Stream Manager – Configure, store and import favorite streaming set-ups as presets, with support for multi-bitrate streaming profiles. Use the integrated Web browser to access online CDN accounts to manage, test or view shows, even during live production.
- Advanced Audio Mixer – Every audio input and output includes an integrated seven-band equalizer and compressor/limiter to deliver the best possible sound, with enhanced audio crossfade.
- Media Players – Performance enhancements include adjustable audio level settings for each clip, improved file format compatibility and function for many common file types, and more.
- Import Media – Select and import a wider variety of media files, including Apple ProRes for use in TriCaster Media Players, with expanded file format compatibilities and quick batch processing.
- Alpha Channel Output – Alpha output on the auxiliary video output delivers added flexibility.
- Multi-Tiered Fail-Safe – Always on-air, multi-tiered fail-safe system and redundant hardware ensure audio and video pass-through.
- Linear Timecode (LTC) Support – Decodes the time value from the audible signal, and uses it for clock displays and embedded timecode when recording video.
Pricing and Availability
The TriCaster family of products in NTSC is available for education in North America starting at US$4,995 and in multi-standard for US$5,995. TriCaster 850 EXTREME retails in North America for US$39,995. Through June 28, TriCaster 850 customers may upgrade to EXTREME for the special price of $12,995 (a savings of $2,000). For details and other upgrade options, please visit www.newtek.com. The price may vary internationally. Educational pricing is also available. For more information, please visit www.newtek.com, or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441. International callers dial +1-210-370-8000.
Benefiting producers and artists with cost-effective and groundbreaking technologies, NewTek is a worldwide leader in portable live production, video editing, 3D animation and special effects tools, including the TriCaster™ product line, 3Play™ and LightWave 3D®. NewTek has won numerous industry accolades, including two Emmy® Awards.
Clients include: MTV, TWiT.TV, ESPN X Games, New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), North American Aerospace Defense Command, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). NewTek products have been used in feature films and television shows, including "Avatar," "TinTin," "Repo Men," "V," "Fringe," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," and more.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. Please visit: www.newtek.com.
- TriCaster, TriCaster EXTREME, TriCaster BROADCAST and TriCaster STUDIO are trademarks of NewTek.
- IsoCorder, 3Play, LightWave, TimeWarp, SpeedEDIT, iVGA, LiveSet, LiveMatte, LiveText, DataLink, and 3D Arsenal are trademarks of NewTek.
- LightWave 3D is a registered trademark of NewTek.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Jun 29, 2016
Here’s a 2-minute tutorial about the Autoplay functions in the media players inside TriCaster. TriCaster features a lot of different types of media players that feature a lot of… Read more
Jun 20, 2016
In this 2-minute tutorial, Don Ballance shows you how to very quickly set up a virtual environment (TriCaster LiveSet) inside of a Mix/Effects (M/E) bus using TriCaster Advanced Edition… Read more
May 25, 2016
By: Brian Leopold “With the second pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Carson Wentz, quarterback from North Dakota State.” With that announcement, the Carson Wentz… Read more
May 17, 2016
By Jeff Foster While many of you may be using the TriCaster Mini as a portable TV production studio in your business, school or in remote locations where you… Read more
How to Design Your Sanctuary StudioMiami, FL
July 21, 2016