FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 9, 2011
| Doug Wright
NewTek Ships TriCaster™ 450, Making HD Portable Live Production More Accessible with New Lower Cost, Slimmer System
TriCaster 450 series packs robust, 14-channel HD live production into 2U rack mount system
AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands – IBC Show – September 9, 2011 – NewTek, worldwide leader in portable live production and 3D animation systems, today introduced TriCaster™ 450 EXTREME™ and TriCaster 450. The latest addition to the TriCaster line of portable live production systems, the TriCaster 450 series makes HD production available to more live video producers than ever, in an even more compact, cost-effective solution. TriCaster 450 EXTREME offers additional innovative benefits, such as NewTek’s groundbreaking IsoCorder™ multi-track, multi-format video recording technology.
"The TriCaster 450 is a break-through product that takes our live switching technology to a new level,” said Andrew Cross, NewTek CTO. “We have been able to pack a 14-channel switcher with full HD virtual sets, keying, multi-channel recording, streaming and more into a portable 2RU system."
With TriCaster, anyone can simultaneously produce, live stream, broadcast, project and record HD and SD network-style productions. A single operator or small team can switch between multiple cameras, virtual inputs and live virtual sets, while inserting clips, titles and motion graphics with multi-channel effects. TriCaster is used by sports organizations, schools, broadcasters, houses of worship, webcasters, government agencies and others to provide a new level of extended programming and content to their audiences.
TriCaster 450 EXTREME benefits include:
- NewTek IsoCorder™ Technology – Multi-track, multi-format recording of up to four channels of video from any input or output, simultaneously. Instantly archive an entire presentation in multiple formats including QuickTime® and H.264, or record individual sources for post-production editing.
- Apple® AirPlay® Support – Add video and audio from any wireless Apple AirPlay source – like iPad®, iPod®, or iPhone® – into any live production. Instant compatibility with AirPlay-enabled apps provides immediate access to all-new content as it becomes available.
- Animation Store Transitions – Deliver transitions embedded with full-color, motion video effects and audio, from a total of seven animation stores. With the included Animation Store Creator, any animation sequence can be transformed into a custom transition, providing endless creative options.
- Multi-Camera Live Production – 14-channel production control with support for up to four live cameras to deliver complete coverage of any event or presentation.
- Advanced Audio Mixer – Every audio input and output includes an integrated seven-band equalizer and compressor/limiter to deliver the best possible sound. Plus, the ability to group audio sources to follow video and route sub-mixes for tighter audio control.
- HD Live Virtual Sets – Multi-angle virtual sets with real-time reflections and animated zoom control make it possible to broadcast from a network-style studio – anywhere.
- Multi-Tiered Fail-Safe – Always on-air, software and hardware fail-safe system ensures audio and video pass-through, providing ultimate production reliability.
- Streaming Profile Manager – Configure, store and import favorite streaming set-ups as presets, with support for multi-bitrate streaming profiles and an integrated Web browser to access online CDN accounts to manage, test or view shows, even during live production.
Pricing and Availability
TriCaster 450 EXTREME is available now at a retail price in North America of US$19,995 and in multi-standard for US$22,995. TriCaster 450 is also available at a retail price in North America of US$14,995 and in multi-standard for US$17,995. The TriCaster family of products in NTSC is available for education in North America starting at US$4,995 and in multi-standard for US$5,995. The price may vary internationally. For more information, please visit www.newtek.com, or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441. International callers dial +1-210-370-8000.
IBC Special Pricing
NewTek is offering two TriCaster EXTREME bundles at IBC. These offers expire on October 28, 2011
- TriCaster 450 EXTREME including TriCaster 450 CS and TriCaster 850 TW for US$24,995 and in multi-standard for US$27,995. A savings of US$2,490.
- TriCaster 850 EXTREME including TriCaster 850 CS and TriCaster 850 TW for US$$39,995 and in multi-standard for US$42,995. A savings of US$3,490.
Benefiting producers and artists with cost-effective and groundbreaking technologies, NewTek is a worldwide leader in portable live production, video editing, 3D animation and special effects tools, including the TriCaster™ product line, 3Play™ and LightWave 3D®. NewTek has won numerous industry accolades, including two Emmy® Awards.
Clients include: MTV, TWiT.TV, ESPN X Games, New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), North American Aerospace Defense Command, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). NewTek products have been used in feature films and television shows, including "Avatar," "TinTin," "Repo Men," "V," "Fringe," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," and more.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. Please visit: www.newtek.com.
- TriCaster, TriCaster EXTREME, IsoCorder, 3Play and LightWave are trademarks of NewTek.
- LightWave 3D is a registered trademark of NewTek.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Jul 19, 2016
Randy Bruce, high school teacher, and long-time musician/songwriter was recently interviewed by Forbes Magazine writer George Howard on how his work with local students in media production has led to… Read more
Jul 8, 2016
NewTek 3Play among the keys to creating engaging live stream and social media content that has driven growth The conventional wisdom on squash was once that it was not… Read more
Jul 6, 2016
In this edition, Don shows how to set up the inputs on your TriCaster Switcher UI using TriCaster Advanced Edition with NDI. Your TriCaster system is a combination of… Read more
Jul 1, 2016
In this episode, NewTek’s Master Trainer Don Ballance brings you a 2-minute tutorial featuring TriCaster Advanced Edition’s capabilities for editing inside the media players. For this video, we will… Read more
Jul 1, 2016
The Big South Conference is providing a new, fully integrated switcher-replay-graphics workflow to its 10 member universities to produce TV-ready content that meets the requirements for ESPN3 broadcasts… Read more
JB&A's Video Workflow Soloutions TourAugust 16, 2016
New York, NY
Fall Technology SummitSeptember 29, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Media Technology Expo
October 4 & 6, 2016
Seattle, WA & Portland, OR