FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 9, 2011
| Doug Wright
NewTek Showcases Hardware Control Surface for New TriCaster™ 450 Series
TriCaster 450 CS provides physical interface to 14-channel HD portable live production systems
AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands – IBC Show – September 9, 2011 – NewTek, worldwide leader in portable live production and 3D animation systems, today announced the TriCaster™ 450 CS, a hardware control surface for the new TriCaster 450 series of HD portable live production systems. The TriCaster 450 CS provides tactile control of the 14-channel system's functions and effects, allowing operators to make snap decisions with confidence and ease. TriCaster 450 CS hardware provides illuminated push buttons, twist knobs, a premium T-bar and three-axis joystick to gain instant control of the functions in the TriCaster 450 series, letting operators perform commands on the fly.
“The TriCaster 450 CS gives broadcast professionals the high performance, hardware interface they expect to find in a traditional television control room,” said Andrew Cross, NewTek CTO. “Our users can access all of the power in the system from HD virtual sets and multi-track recording, to one-button streaming and more, without ever touching a mouse.”
With TriCaster, anyone can simultaneously produce, live stream, broadcast, project and record HD and SD network-style productions. A single operator can switch between multiple cameras, virtual inputs and live virtual sets, while inserting clips, titles and motion graphics with multi-channel effects. TriCaster is used by broadcasters, schools, sports organizations, houses of worship, government agencies and others to provide a new level of extended programming and content to their audience.
TriCaster 450 CS Benefits:
- Intuitive Control Layout allows the TriCaster 450 operator to have physical control of all sources. Back-lit buttons, twist knobs, a premium T-bar and three-axis joystick provide a hands-on connection to the functions and effects available from the TriCaster 450 interface.
- Virtual Input Rows deliver the ability to create complex switcher effects and assign them as switcher channels, including live virtual sets, picture-in-picture elements, and more.
- Utility Row offers a simple way to assign video streams to TriCaster's auxiliary video output, downstream key elements, and more.
- Utility Bus Delegate provides the ability to designate the switcher layer assigned to the Utility Row, offering added flexibility for live production.
- Live Virtual Set Controls deliver the zoom levels for camera shots within TriCaster virtual sets (using NewTek LiveSet™ technology) and execute animated zooms at variable speeds with the press of a button.
- Media Player Controls provide immediate access to the four digital media players. Use the illuminated buttons to select from the DDRs, graphics store, and sound player, cycle through presets and manage playback options.
- Positioner Controls include a three-axis joystick and back-lit buttons that allow position, full 3D rotation, scale and crop of sources, plus manual control of the virtual zoom, and the ability to jog or shuttle the selected media player.
- Transition Controls allow transition from one multi-source composition to another, manually or automatically. Cycle through transition styles and speeds, and then use the T-bar or illuminated buttons to view the desired source.
- One-Button Streaming allows use of Adobe® Flash® or Microsoft® Windows Media® to deliver a live stream directly to the Web.
- One-Button Recording captures content from a live production at full resolution, with a back-lit button that shows when the Record function is live.
Pricing and Availability
TriCaster 450 CS is available now and retails in North America for US$4,995. TriCaster 450 EXTREME is available at a retail price in North America of US$19,995 and in multi-standard for US$22,995. TriCaster 450 is also available in at a retail price in North America of US$14,995 and in multi-standard for US$17,995. The TriCaster family of products in NTSC is available for education in North America starting at US$4,995 and in multi-standard for US$5,995. The price may vary internationally. For more information, please visit www.newtek.com, or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441. International callers dial +1-210-370-8000.
IBC Special Pricing
NewTek is offering two TriCaster EXTREME bundles at IBC. These offers expire on October 28, 2011
- TriCaster 450 EXTREME including TriCaster 450 CS and TriCaster 850 TW for US$24,995 and in multi-standard for US$27,995. A savings of US$2,490.
- TriCaster 850 EXTREME including TriCaster 850 CS and TriCaster 850 TW for US$$39,995 and in multi-standard for US$42,995. A savings of US$3,490.
Benefiting producers and artists with cost-effective and groundbreaking technologies, NewTek is a worldwide leader in portable live production, video editing, 3D animation and special effects tools, including the TriCaster™ product line, 3Play™ and LightWave 3D®. NewTek has won numerous industry accolades, including two Emmy® Awards.
Clients include: MTV, TWiT.TV, ESPN X Games, New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), North American Aerospace Defense Command, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). NewTek products have been used in feature films and television shows, including "Avatar," "TinTin," "Repo Men," "V," "Fringe," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," and more.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. Please visit: www.newtek.com.
- TriCaster, TriCaster EXTREME, IsoCorder, 3Play and LightWave are trademarks of NewTek.
- LightWave 3D is a registered trademark of NewTek.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
May 17, 2016
By Jeff Foster While many of you may be using the TriCaster Mini as a portable TV production studio in your business, school or in remote locations where you… Read more
May 16, 2016
By: Claudia Kienzle Network-marketing companies like Avon, Mary Kay, and Amway have given women moneymaking opportunities and the chance to be their own boss for years. Some of those… Read more
May 10, 2016
Autocue, the world’s leading teleprompting company is adopting NewTek’s open Network Device Interface (NDI™) standard for IP-based production workflows for its QStart Prompting Software. With NDI enabled, QStart will… Read more
May 2, 2016
The NAB 2016 edition of Broadcast Minds™ features a group of content-creation trail-blazers, with experience ranging from award-winning broadcast live event production (international in scope in both sports and… Read more
Texas Production RoundupGrapevine, TX
May 26, 2016
SVG College Sports Summit 2016Atlanta, GA
June 2 & 3, 2016
JB&A's Pre-InfoComm IP & Video Distribution Workflow EventLas Vegas, NV
June 7, 2016
InfoCOMM 2016Las Vegas, NV
June 8–10, 2016